Should’ve Been

It was the year of 2015 I was a freshman in high school which meant a fresh start and a new environment. She was in this school since 6th grade so everyone knew her. She was a jock and I was the new girl . I use to always talk to about her “ I want her so badly“ but then I thought that she wouldn’t want me because of my insecurities. I was wrong. One day I was leaving class with my friends and she was waiting outside for her friends, I walked up to the doors window not knowing that she was there and I scared her. I opened the door and we both looked at each other and laughed, I closed backed the door , turned around and looked at my friends smiling My friends asked me what is wrong and I told them I scared my crush. I wanted to see if she was still there so I turned around and there she was but she tried to scare me back the only thing I could is shake my head” why can’t you be mine”.That was our first interaction but the second one is better “ Hey I like the picture you posted but I don’t think I liked it” she said. All I did was smile because she did I said thank you and she said you’re welcome walking away. My heart stopped I couldn’t believe that she talked to me but wait there’s more, shh The movie is about to start. This is a story about two girls and one broken heart a typical high school romance movie. Based on a true story.

Her name is Arianny Ventura the girl who changed my life without realizing. Now it’s too late for me to take it all back . R.I.P 3/17/16-7/29/18 don’t worry she isn’t dead but my heart is. We started of great with no problems , no arguments , no breaks , no tears. We were a perfect couple.. in fact we were that couple in our grade that everyone admired. We tried new things together , we went on dates either big or small , we laughed all the time. I don’t think you understand how deep our love was. We had our own world which consisted of me , her and our love.

All relationships had flaws and our flaws impacted me more than the perfection. The communication was not there. I would stay quiet and be petty towards her instead of telling her how I felt. I guess I wanted her to figure out what was wrong with me …just like my ex use to do.My ex. She was the reason why we would fight constantly that’s because  I couldn’t let her go. Now thinking back on our relationship I realized that was my first mistake. You can’t just throw away years of a friendship it doesn’t matter if we dated or not she’s been in my life since birth, neither of us wanted to leave each others lives and I wasn’t going to let something temporary end my friendship. Another problem I thought of our relationship as temporary, but it end up being my longest relationship. One year into our relationship we were both changing emotionally I knew that we were but she kept telling me how much she loved me but of course I didn’t believe her I wanted to and I had a lot of reasons to but my heart still wouldn’t let her in. Two years into the relationship and we were doing a lot better I knew this because there was a promise ring. Yes we were finally engaged ( I use to walk around saying that we were engaged when in reality it was just a promise ring)  and Arianny became my best friend and my only love because of how much easier it was for me to trust that wouldn’t leave me. Trust. It took me so long to trust her and I regret letting my past push me to do things I shouldn’t have done. I use to look through her phone when she was sleeping, I use to block and delete messages between her and another female “friend” off her phone, I had her password to her social media and I would look to see if she and the “friend” was texting. I know I know that’s creepy but it was itching me to know. literally. Most of the time she would catch me and then we would argue , she would leave and we wouldn’t talk for like and hour or two. That was the usual.

My father found out I was still biseuxal and told me that I had to end my relationship with her or I would have to leave. It was against his belief and Gods words. “I love her” I told him the day he found out , he looked at me like I was some disgusting creature and not his little princess. I rather be homeless and disowned than to break off the only thing that made me happy and proud to be who I am. Right there in the middle of an argument I thought to myself and I came to the conclusion that I loved this girl with all my heart , I would sacrifice everything in order to keep our relationship alive. That was another challenge we overcame together but that was the usual.

Last year around March Arianny got a bad injury during her basketball game and she ended up blacking out in the middle of the game. I was on my way to the game when a friend ran up to me and told me that something happened to her , let me tell you I ran so fast that I could be the next Usain Bolt. When I got there her eyes were barely open and she was moving around like she was drunk , her head kept falling back , her hand was shaking. I was scared. I didn’t know what to do, it was hurting me watching her like this I wanted to save her. I needed to save her , she was all I had. After the game I was barbered with questions from everyone asking me what happened and if she was okay. I tried to stay calm but in my head I was screaming I wanted them to leave me alone and I wanted to see her. Few minutes later as if God sensed my desperate need one of her friends came up to me and told me that her along with with couple of her other friends were going to go see her and she asked if I wanted to come me.  Without hesitation I said yes, traveling to the hospital me and her best friend broke down on the train in each others arms. I felt her pain and her worries…we can’t live without her. I started to shake as we entered the hospital because I hate them, my mother past away in the hospital before me and my brother could have made it to see her. I was ready to hear the same news but when we went to the lower level of the !68th Mount Sinai hospital for children there she was in a wheelchair smiling at me … my heart melted and my arms ached for her to be in it. I stayed with her , one of her other friend , her mother and sister until nine o’clock making sure she was alive. When I got home I texted her letting her know and that I love her , I fell asleep right after with a smile on my face despite the day ended with me being on an emotional roller coaster she was okay and alive nothing was going to stop her from leaving my life.

Arianny changed after her surgery , she become a whole different person. She was always sad , she turned to things that i despised to make her feel better and she stopped caring about what I did. She was numb is what she told me days before she went to D.R and I did nothing to change her mood even though she told me that I was her drug and her happiness. She lied and I was stupid enough to believe her. After two years and 8 months being together she finally got fed up and crushed our world. After the break up she treated me like shit , like I wasn’t by her side since day one … like I wasn’t the one who came to visit her everyday to see how she was doing. She blocked me because I was trying to save our relationship. I was nothing to her and I cried for days blaming myself for this break up. I had my best friend  and work to distract me but they didn’t help she was always on my mind and was missing from my heart. One day I got a text from her saying that she wanted her stuff back. This time wasn’t the usual it was the end of Arnavia. She found someone else , my fear became reality. I was replaceable , I wasn’t special as she made me feel, I was nothing. I hated my myself. I changed for her when I didn’t want to. I sacrificed so many other friendships for her and my relationship with my father. Yet she left me alone , in the dark to cry wanting to die. My life was over.

It’s been five months since the break up and I am a lot better now. It was hard to let her go but I had to wait no I needed to. This relationship taught me so many things and day by day I started to realize all the cons of our relationship. It wasn’t healthy for the both of us , I was glad that she ended it. My face is clearing up, i’m gaining weight and I’m happy HAPPY. Don’t get me wrong I still love her and still think about her but at times she is replaced by another female. That girl name is Davia Yakira Elaine Cooper she showed me more love than Arianny ever did. She taught me how to love myself which is something I was struggling with when I was with Arianny. Time can’t heal your pain, you can only heal your pain over time. Oh yeah before this movie ends I just want to say one more thing.

– Always trust your intuition.  

Thank you for coming, I hoped you enjoyed the movie.